Programs tailored for high school-aged students include:
- Ready Reader: Building Comprehension and Summer Reading
- Just Write: The Writing Process
- Master Math
- Exceptional Executive Functioning Skills
- Operation Back-to-School
PROGRAM FORMAT – Each individual program runs as follows:
- 4 days per week (Monday – Thursday)
- 1 hour per day
- The cost per individual program is $495
- Due to the individualized nature of our programs, time slots are scheduled in the order in which registration forms are received.
A discount is provided when you combine the following programs:
- Ready Reader + Just Write ($940 for both)
- Exceptional Executive Functioning Skills + Operation: Back-to-School ($940 for both)
Program descriptions and registration links are below.
Please contact the Thinking Organized office with any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org
Literature becomes more complex as students move through school, and their teachers expect sophisticated analysis. Join Thinking Organized this summer to strengthen these core skills in our Ready Reader: Building Comprehension program! During this one-on-one, four-day program, students will learn to build comprehension skills through character analysis, chapter summaries, theme exploration, and annotation. In addition, they will learn how to create and adhere to a reading schedule.
This program can be adapted to any reading level and is designed to help your children:
- Understand relationships between themes and ideas
- Develop inferential skills, analyze text, and understand the deeper meaning of literature
- Identify tone and purpose in written material
Required summer reading does not have to be a chore with Thinking Organized’s Ready Reader: Summer Reading program. During this one-on-one or small group, four-day program, students will learn to actively engage in reading through a variety of strategies and activities. Students may either bring in their assigned summer reading or a book of their choice. Imagine – your child can have it all done before school starts and have fun doing it!
This program can be adapted to any reading assignment and is designed to help your children:
- Divide long-term reading projects into manageable goals
- Strengthen comprehension of challenging texts
- Walk away with easy-reference notes to refresh memory when school starts
Just Write: The Writing Process
Just Write: The Writing Process is an individualized approach to improving a student’s writing. In this four-day, one-on-one series, students will learn strategies to assist them in every step of the writing process, including pre-writing, researching, drafting, revising, and editing. Skills such as fluency, organization, transitions, coherency, and analysis will be targeted in each meeting so that students have hands-on practice utilizing these tools.
Sample Schedule for Program:
- Day 1: Pre-Writing strategies, structure words, transition words
- Day 2: Researching, outlining, S.E.E. method
- Day 3: First drafts, introductions, conclusions
- Day 4: Revisions, edits, writing schedules
Master Math: High School
Thinking Organized’s Master Math: High School program provides one-on-one support to better help students build confidence in math skills, including algebra, geometry, and calculus. During this four-day program, students will strengthen their mathematical foundation while simultaneously getting ready for the upcoming class.
This program can be adapted to any math level and will be designed based on the student’s individual needs.
Sample Schedule for students entering Algebra 2:
- Day 1: Solve linear equations in one variable with coefficients represented by real numbers and variables while graphing them in different forms (e.g., slope-intercept, point-slope, and standard form)
- Day 2: Solve systems of equations consisting of two linear equations in two variables, algebraically and graphically
- Day 3: Solve quadratic equations with one variable using factoring and quadratic formula, as well as work with radicals and various operations of fractions (with and without a calculator)
- Day 4: Learn strategies to decode word problems
Exceptional Executive Functioning Skills
Join Thinking Organized this summer in an intensive, one-on-one program designed to introduce students to a variety of memory and studying strategies. In Exceptional Executive Functioning Skills, students will learn about their own learning style and the unique methods they can use to better retain and comprehend information while completing homework and preparing for exams. Students will also participate in brain games and simulated studying situations to practice memory and executive functioning skills.
Schedule for Intensive Program
- Day 1: Identifying and understanding your learning style
- Day 2: Practicing memory strategies
- Day 3: Learning successful study strategies
- Day 4: Creating and adhering to plans for long-term projects and studying
Students must bring a laptop and a pen.
Thinking Organized’s Operation: Back-to-School is an individualized approach to improving key elements of a student’s executive functioning skills that will assist with a smooth transition to the new school year. In this weeklong, one-on-one series, students will learn strategies to develop and expand their material organization, time management, and goal-setting skills.
Schedule for Intensive Program
- Day 1: Organizing the physical and digital environment, choosing a binder system, purchasing school supplies
- Day 2: Choosing a planner/online system to manage tasks, learning how to effectively manage time
- Day 3: Learning how to remain focused both at school and at home, recognizing when it’s appropriate to self-advocate
- Day 4: Setting SMART school-year goals and making action plans to achieve them
Students must bring a laptop and a pen. It is recommended that students bring their binder and planner for the upcoming school year.High School