Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our summer programs will be held virtually. When we are able, we will safely move to hybrid programming, allowing for both in-person or virtual instruction based on preference.
Programs tailored for college prep and college students include:
- Just Write: College Applications
- Just Write: The College Level
- Next Stop: College
Program descriptions and registration links are below.
Please contact the Thinking Organized office at 301-986-1503 or email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Just Write: College Applications
Thinking Organized’s College Application Process program was built to support our students as they navigate the challenging process from managing deadlines, keeping track of the colleges they visited and writing the Common Application essay. Our approach is designed specifically for students that struggle with ADHD and executive function weaknesses. We understand the challenges these students face and work on strategies to help them navigate this important process.
Students will meet twice weekly with their tutor for 4 weeks for a total of 8 sessions. The program cost is $1,000.
Every session is built around the following:
- Look at what the student has already completed in their college search, if anything
- Design effective material and time organization strategies to meet the student’s needs during the lengthy process of applying to college, including a priority list.
- Review and discuss samples of the Common App essay to help the student brainstorm ideas for essay topics.
- Choose a prompt for the Common App essay and work on pre-writing strategies.
- Create a short outline and begin the writing process.
- Develop a schedule for the completion of the essay and the writing supplement, if they are not done.
Just Write: The College Level
Just Write: The College Level is an individualized approach to preparing students to write at the college level. In this week-long, one-on-one series, students will learn strategies to assist them in every step of the writing process, including pre-writing, researching, drafting, revising, and editing. Skills such as fluency, organization, transitions, coherency, and analysis will be targeted in each meeting so that students have hands-on practice utilizing these tools.
Sample Schedule for Program:
- Day 1: Pre-Writing strategies, transition Words
- Day 2: Researching, outlining, S.E.E. method
- Day 3: First drafts, introductions, conclusions
- Day 4: Revisions, edits, writing schedules
This program is four days total and meets for one hour each day, Monday – Thursday. The program cost is $495.
Next Stop: College
The Parent/Student Guide to Everything the Orientation Won’t Tell You and How You Need to Prepare NOW!
Summer One-on-One Series: Students Grades 11-12 & Parents
Congratulations, you’ve been accepted! Going to college is an exciting new chapter, one that is fast-paced and requires a new level of independence. The strategies and skills you will need to organize your class schedule, extracurricular activities, and dorm life will be very different than what you used in high school. Understanding how to plan and manage the next four years will be critical to your success. Don’t panic! You can hit the ground running in college by beginning to prepare NOW!
Join Thinking Organized in our Next Stop: College program, which is a week-long, one-on-one summer series that focuses on the key areas that tend to get overlooked while preparing to head off to college. This series would also benefit high school juniors beginning the college application process, transfer students beginning the year in a new school, and current college students who would like to start their year strong with better organizational and study skills.
This program is four days total and meets for 90 minutes each day, Monday – Thursday. The program cost is $550.College