Thinking Organized is a dynamic practice consisting of Speech-Language Pathologists and Educational Mentors servicing clients in MD and DC. We are continuing to expand and are looking for Full-Time and Part TimeSpeech Language Pathologiststo join our practice.
Thinking Organized offers a unique program for all ages. The program focuses on helping the disorganized thinker approach work and daily activities in a systematic and efficient way.
Our strategies are designed for individuals with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Executive Function weaknesses, language processing difficulties, and learning challenges.
We work with students, elementary school through college, as well as adults, and specialize in helping people improve all aspects of organization in academic work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct services to students, elementary school through college, who have been diagnosed with language, based learning disorders.
- Works with clients and receptive and expressive language disorders, ADHD, dyslexia and executive functioning challenges.
- Meets with clients in home, office and school environments to provide direct services.
- Maintains relationships with parents and families through frequent communication of student progress.
- Prepare engaging exercises and activities to use during speech sessions with clients.
- Create goals and objectives for patients to work toward and identify areas of progress and challenges.
- Review client’s file prior to their appointment and have a clear understanding of the challenge to be addressed.
- Teach clients proper techniques for achieving more effective communication.
- Evaluate language, speech or hearing tests as well as medical information to diagnose development treatment plan
- Develop treatment plans to assist clients with speech problems.
- Writes monthly and annual reports outlining student progress
- Management of personal calendar of client appointments and scheduling.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must hold ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Maryland to work with children and adolescents with language disabilities and Executive Function weaknesses.
- Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Licensure as a Speech-Language Pathologist in Maryland.
- Knowledge of HIPAA legislation and other privacy laws, and experience working with sensitive and personal patient records and information.
- Ability to commit to full time schedule during the 9 month school year (September to June).
- Experience working with children and adolescents with language disabilities, executive function weaknesses, literacy and written language.
- Have an enthusiastic, engaging and encouraging work style. Punctual, organized, creative and a self-starter.
- Reliable personal transportation.
WHY THINKING ORGANIZED?
- Competitive pay.
- You are carefully matched with students that you can really help and will enjoy working with.
- You will be placed in locations that are convenient for you to travel to students’ homes or schools.
- You have the flexibility to create your own schedule of afternoon, evening and weekend hours.
- We value and provide hands-on professional training and mentoring. You will learn organizational strategies and unique methodologies that can be applied during client sessions.