Don’t let your child lose the skills they have gained during the school year; give them the ultimate challenge! Thinking Organized On the Go is a week-long, group-based program where your child will work with peers to plan a trip to a DC landmark, sporting event, or museum. After their trip, they will produce a scrapbook summarizing the planning process and documenting their adventure.
Your child will…
- Practice creating and managing a long-term plan
- Strengthen working memory skills
- Develop skills in material organization and time management
- Collaborate with others as they build social skills and have fun!
Students will be grouped based on grade level. This program is designed for students entering grades 5-9.
Thinking Organized “On the Go” runs Monday-Friday. Monday-Thursday sessions are 75 minutes with a focus on planning. On Friday, students will go on their adventure for a half day, leaving at 9am and returning in the afternoon.
2018 PROGRAM DATES:
- Week of June 18: 9-10:15 a.m., M-TH; 9 a.m.-2 p.m., FRI
- Week of July 9: 9-10:15 a.m., M-TH; 9 a.m.-2 p.m., FRI
- Week of July 23: 9-10:15 a.m., M-TH; 9 a.m.-2 p.m., FRI
- Week of August 6: 9-10:15 a.m., M-TH; 9 a.m.-2 p.m., FRI
- Week of August 20: 9-10:15 a.m., M-TH; 9 a.m.-2 p.m., FRI
- Week of August 27: 9-10:15 a.m., M-TH; 9 a.m.-2 p.m., FRI
*Students who are not current Thinking Organized clients will need to complete a brief FREE screening to determine appropriate placement in the program.
* THINKING ORGANIZED reserves the right to cancel sessions due to insufficient enrollment