Thinking Organized’s College Application Process program was built to support our students as they navigate the challenging process from managing deadlines, keeping track of the colleges they visited and writing the Common Application essay. Our approach is designed specifically for students that struggle with ADHD and executive function weaknesses. We understand the challenges these students face and work on strategies to help them navigate this important process.
Students will meet twice weekly with their tutor for 4 weeks for a total of 8 sessions.
Every session is built around the following:
- Look at what the student has already completed in their college search, if anything
- Design effective material and time organization strategies to meet the student’s needs during the lengthy process of applying to college, including a priority list.
- Review and discuss samples of the Common App essay to help the student brainstorm ideas for essay topics.
- Choose a prompt for the Common App essay and work on pre-writing strategies.
- Create a short outline and begin the writing process.
- Develop a schedule for the completion of the essay and the writing supplement, if they are not done.
(Students will meet virtually twice weekly with their mentor for 4 weeks for a total of 8 sessions.)
2020 PROGRAM WEEKS
Week 1: June 22-25
Week 2: June 29-July 2
Week 3: July 6-9
Week 4: July 13-16
Week 5: July 20-23
Week 6: July 27-30
Week 7: August 3-6
Week 8: August 10-13
Week 9: August 17-20
Week 10: August 24-27
Week 11: August 31-September 3
Please specify your preferred weeks and time in the registration form below and we will contact you within three business days to confirm.